I'm not a resolution-type person. I set goals. Some I'll set today. Some later. But there is something to be said about reflecting on who we are, the mistakes we've made (don't dwell! Dude, it's Facebook. Everybody looks like an asshole on Facebook at times.), and the possibilities we have to be better.
So, I propose an ongoing resolution policy. DON'T WAIT UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2015 if something cool occurs to you in the next month or so. And since I'm pushing on a resolution blog on you, I'll tell you my resolutions. So here goes!
I resolve to:
- work harder ... (I need to get up earlier to get more work done!)
- keep taking swimming lessons ... (I learned how to swim this past year! For real! And am so happy with my swimming lessons.)
- be kinder ...
- be more tolerant ...
- not judge those who selfie while trying to pretend they're acting spontaneous but, you know, from their posture and perky boobs, duck lips and coiffed hair they're really selfieholics, selfiemaniacs, selfiers in the most selfier possible way ... (Okay. They've got a three-strike selfie allowance. If, in one month, someone's selfied more than three, she's an egotistical ass. Unless she's selfie-ing in the Lost City of Atlantis, next to Amelia Earhardt's crashed plane, or the Loch Ness Monster. Then, by all means, those discoveries entitle anyone to an infinite selfie allowance.)
- Shit ... that wasn't very tolerant.
- Erase be more tolerant.
- That wasn't very nice, either.
- I'll be kinder. I won't call the selfie-prone "egotistical asses." I'll just laugh at them to myself.
How's this? I'll just give you my 2015 wishes for you and everyone I meet (selfiers included)...
Make your year wonderful. Create memorable, unexpected moments. Surprise someone you love. Surprise yourself. Find your courage. Read more. Listen more. Have one of those in-the-rain kisses you see in the movies. Stomp in puddles and crunch on leaves. Hold someone's hand. Give more hugs. Climb a tree. Expect the best from everyone, from yourself. Forgive yourself. At least once every few months, eat dessert for dinner. Try something new. Stumble and get up. Value the people in your life. Value yourself.
HAPPY 2015! Let's make this year the best ... and then some!